ALODF Services for living organ donors:
kidney, liver, bone marrow and other
- Direct grants to living organ donors through the ALODF to help with any and all non-medical expenses allowed to be covered under the National Organ Transplant Act (NOTA).
- Fundraising for donor and donor's caregiver's non-medical donation related expenses, including lost wages through the ALODF.
- Regularly updated information on state and federal programs such as tax exemptions/credits and other benefits for living organ donors.
- Our website has Articles with medical and policy information relevant to living organ donors.
- Our Quarterly newsletter covers issues relevant to living organ donation.
- Escrow services for recipients' to help with distributing funds to living organ donors without violating any laws against paying donors.
- One on one buddy/donor mentor program.
- Online support group for donors and potential donors only.
- Local networks in DC, New Haven, and more on the way.
- Donor insurance advice and other advocacy.
- Public education out-reach speaking engagements on the topic of living organ donation.
- Lobbying to protect donor rights in Washington and at UNOS; tentatively admitted to UNOS as a voting member.
- Free psychological counseling for donors we have assisted through the donation process.
- Public awareness campaign “Dare to Ask” t-shirts that read “Ask Me About Living Organ Donation.”
- T-Shirts “I Helped Save a Life” thank you gift for living organ donors who receive ALODF assistance.
- In Progress: Spanish translation for the ALODF financial assistance application and other materials on our website.
- In Progress: Special advocacy for living organ donors and potential living organ donors who are veterans (in progress).
The American Living Organ Donor Fund (ALODF) (aka American Living Organ Donor Network) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), tax-exempt charity dedicated to protecting the rights of living organ donors and providing them with the support they need to make their donations as stress free and cost-neutral as possible. Our financial statement (990 IRS annual tax filling), Articles of Incorporation, and Bylaws are available on GuideStar and upon written request at email@example.com or from the Commonwealth of Virginia Office of Consumer Affairs.